Friday, June 20, 2014

Farmers walk - A first real go

Yesteday was my first 'real' go at hitting some heavy farmers walks. My hands and I are still fighting. They got beat the hell up. Especially my left hand since my grip is still trying to catch up from surgery. Looks to be a few blood blisters in there. Nothing major but they're there.

I wish


The thing I can't with these is the havoc it wrecks on my palms. I've been researching a stronger hold on the handles yet it's like the meat in there gets squished against the knuckles. Im really hoping thats normal starting off and can get conditioned eventually. Hopefully.

Best I worked up to was a few short sets of 425 with the trap bar. Managed to get across the gym which is roughly 15yds or so. My hands just hurt like hell from that. Attempted a few a reps then switched to two standard bars with 45s on either end. Got 3 good sets of about 20yd shuttles with those. Then my forearms had enough which really made me realize I absolutely need to train these up before the comp in a few weeks. 

No comments: