Monday, August 5, 2013

Mondays training

Dammit this one put a whooping on me. Few things that needed to be changed and I felt the difference.
1- Maintain rest between sets! My ADD lately has been ridiculous and checking the clock and regulating time between sets not only massively reduced workout time but also gave me a helluva workout to boot.
2- FOCUS. This really is part of Number 1 but deserves it's own note. Maintain focus. I'll admit this one is tricky since I train about the same time as my athletes do. So I suppose it could be classified more to do with time management. Coach when needed but still get work done. Either way when helping teenagers get a lift in it's easy to forget what you were doing or how long ago you did it.

So anyways I tried a few things different today. Mostly the cleans...damn my full clean is terrible. Im hitting the extension better but the second pull is something of a mystery to me. My catch is so slow. Granted I did just start putting effort into this not too long ago. Squats somehow went up. I drove myself into the dirt last week and felt tired for 8 days straight yet I managed to add 10lbs and then perform 3 reps with it. My body pisses me off sometimes.

Warmup, stretch, yadda yadda yadda
Kneeling box jump to depth jump - Worked up to max single, no idea on height
Cleans- Worked up max single. 275 felt great. 285 felt terrible. 2x3 @ 225 to finish
Box squat- Worked up to 415x3. Then 330x3 w/orange 'light' bands.
DB Step ups- 3x5@65/65/75
SL RDL- 3x6@235
Russian Twist- 3x12@10/20/25

Legs are shot at the time of writing this. Worst part is....got a 3 mile run later. Got a race in 6 days. Yuck.

No comments: